Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

So Sore

I went to the SF zoo, yesterday.  It was fun.  Well, as much fun as walking around with a blister, an injured knee, and children can be.  I think the zoo would be a good first date, actually.  Think about it:  it's an actual activity, unlike going to a movie which does NOT encourage conversation; you can actually talk to someone and get to know them at a place like the zoo.  You can interact and laugh and point and whatever else.  Dinner and a movie is for established couples only, as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway.  I saw the giraffe's (or as I say, here-off-A), which is really all I cared to see.  Fun fact:  giraffe's sleep less than two hours a night.



I think perhaps my favorite part about being in San Fransisco is just being in the city.  I love the buildings; the architecture is beautiful.  Traffic is abhorrent but, I prefer to walk, anyway.



Next time I go to San Fransisco, it will more than likely be to see my dear sweet panda-puff, Nic, who now attends SFSU.  She's pretty and pretty presh.  I need to invest in a webcam so that we may skype -- like Oprah.  I miss her but I'm also kind of bursting with pride.  She's out on her own making a future for herself.  She's a brave person and she's tough as nails.  I've never seen her be anyone other than herself.  In the 10+ years I've known her, she's been genuine and supportive and I wouldn't change a thing about her.  She takes care of herself and doesn't depend on others to do things for her.  She's pretty much it.  She's also the one on the left.



I guess that's it.  I need to go stretch out my back and maybe take a nap.  I'm wicked sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment