Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Padfoot Recommends

I've decided to start a series of recommendations; every week, Padfoot will recommend 10 things to you.  Padfoot is my build-a-bear.  He is a wizard/magician/surgeon, obviously.  So here it is, the first "Padfoot Recommends."




1.  Johnny Flynn. 
Johnny Flynn is an English singer/songwriter.  He is amazing and I have been listening to him since his stuff become more widely available a few years ago. 

2.  The Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris.
Of course, we all watch True Blood.  I am finding out, however, that most of the people I know who watch the show have yet to read the books the series was based on.  People!  It's awesome.  It is HIGHLY worth the read.  Do it.

3.  Hummus.
Hummus is delicious.  It comes in so many varieties and it is stupid easy to make.  There is no reason to not at least try it.

4.  Pushing Daisies.
I started watching Pushing Daisies back in 2008 when it first started.  Unfortunately, it started during that awful writers strike and in spite of being a critics darling, it was canceled.  It is available online on Netflix, however, and is completely worth the watch.  It is whimsical and lovely and everyone I have talked into watching it has loved it.

5.  Whimsy.
Sam Spencers 'Bloom
I firmly believe that this world could use a bit more whimsy.  Don't you?

1 comment:

  1. i love that tree i remember when you first showed it to me

    ReplyDelete