Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Padfoot Recommends

I always know Winter has come when I break out my 19th century British Literature.  It's like there is some sort of internal mechanism inside of me that compels me to start reading certain books, this time of year.  They are not Christmas-y or even Winter-y.  They are just the sort of books you want to curl up with and read cover to cover -- although for me, that is pretty much every book I read.  Regardless, this weeks Padfoot Recommends will be literature themed; my Winter literature, to be precise.


2.  Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
 
4.  Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy 
 5.  Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
 

2 comments:

  1. That is actually the same cover of my copy of Jane Eyre. I felt like I had to use that copy because it is magnificent but then I couldn't let the others be traditional so I had to scope out suitable companions. I'm glad you noticed.

    ReplyDelete