Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Farewell, 2010

Overall, I would say that 2010 was a pretty craptastic year.  Not just for me but for most of the people in my life, 2010 proved to be, at the very least, a disappointment.  For most, though, it was rather tragic.  For me, the year started off with a trip back to California from Texas after driving from Florida where I packed up my dead grandmothers belongings to be given away.  I immediately started school.  Shortly after, my dad and his wife divorced in a devious coup orchestrated by her family.  My dog, Fifi, whom I'd had for 14 years, died.  Oh, and I also got sick in 2010.

I will continue to be sick in 2011; that's not going to change, at least, anytime soon.  In the next couple of weeks, I will be going in for more blood work and more tests and to redo the tests I've already had done to see if my levels have improved.  Considering the way I feel, I'm sincerely doubting good news.  Some people thought/think I had a baby.  This is not true.  I had to have an ultrasound done to examine my organs.  In fact, there is currently a sonogram picture of my liver and right kidney on my refrigerator door.

So yeah, 2010 mostly sucked.  Here's the good news: 
  • In 2010, my friends Tammi and Shaun found out they were expecting their second child -- my God-daughter, Olivia May Elizabeth.  She is due this March and I hope to be able to be there just as I was for Logan Charles' birth:  holding a leg and being the dutiful birthing coach -- schedule permitting; school and hopefully soon, a job.
  • Also, my friend Dallas moved back to California, over the summer.  He and Nic are now geographically together and happy.  
  • Both of my parents were able to find work.
  • I made Deans List and Honors List.

It's not a whole lot when compared to all the bad.  I, however, am choosing to try and remember 2010 for the good that happened, not just the bad; I'll never forget all the bad but I feel like it's important to acknowledge both sides.  So yeah... it wasn't all death and doctors appointments.  Personally, though, I pray that 2011 is markedly better than 2010.  There isn't a whole lot I can control, though, so ultimately, I have to make the decision to make the best of it all and just enjoy what I can, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment